On April 20, 2010, an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig (leased by British Petroleum) set off an historic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, just off the Louisiana coast. While BP and government cleanup efforts are ongoing, many musicians, artists, organizations, and businesses are doing their part to help out.
A year later, it is still not clear how much oil remains in the Gulf and when it will actually recover. Gulf seafood has returned to our favorite restaurants, but this does not mean that the disaster for the Gulf, its wildlife, its fisherman and people is over.
• NEW! "BP Blues" by Drew Landry. 75% of the proceeds from the sales of this song will benefit SaveOurGulf.org.
• "Nobody Knows Nothin'", a song written by John Boutté, Bill Lynn, and Paul Sanchez featuring Boutté, Sanchez, Lynn, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Craig Klein, Margie Perez and Susan Cowsill. Proceeds benefit GulfAid.org.
• "It Ain't My Fault" video or song, featuring the Gulf Aid Allstars (Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Mos Def, Lenny Kravitz, Trombone Shorty & Tim Robbins). Proceeds benefit GulfAid.org.
• NEW! "Sorry Ain't Enough NoMore" music videofeaturing Shamarr Allen, Dee-1, and Paul Sanchez
• This impassioned plea from local fishermen: